Follow me on Facebook!

Homepage ................................................................................................................................Please click this link and follow me on Facebook!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Morimoto NYC - my first meal back from school!

Okay, so its official...as of tonight, Morimoto NYC is the best restaurant I have ever eaten at during the 18 years that I have been alive.  Seriously though, my family and I have eaten at loads and loads of great restaurants (including ones belonging to other Iron Chefs), but tonight was my favorite meal.  Absolutely everything that was placed on the table was extremely delicious, gorgeously presented, and super creative too!  I need to thank my brother David for picking this as the restaurant the family would go to for my first official meal home.  Because of his decision, I was able to eat the best food I've ever had!  Here are a few of the things that we ordered:

Tuna Pizza - this so incredibly yummy with a great crunch and spice to it

Morimoto Sashimi - this was so refreshing and delicious

Tempura Calamari Salad - this was my mom's favorite and towards the top of my list - just simply SO great

 

Kakuni - this slow cooked pork belly was actually incredible - the waiter told us it was one of his favorites, so we tried it...boy did he steer us in the right direction! 

Eel Cucumber Roll and Soft Shell Crab Roll - the eel in the roll was probably the freshest eel I've ever had the pleasure of eating

Sea Bass - this was probably my favorite of everything we tried...a very very close second would be the calamari salad - I simply loved everything about this fish dish and ate every last vegetable making sure to dip each bite in the sauce

Warm Flourless Chocolate Cake - all I can say is WOW! - this dessert was so spectacular and the center melted as I put it in my mouth



In addition to all of these wonderful things we also had the Crispy Rock Shrimp Tempura, Pork Gyoza, and Australian Wagyu Filet.  Overall, I think that every member of the family - mom, dad, David (and obviously I) - would recommend Morimoto NYC to anyone...aside from the fact that it's quite pricey...but absolutely and completely worth it.  The food was outstanding and its a really cool place with a great atmosphere and vibe.  My brother has set the standards high, but I am hoping that we will go to a lot more great places while I am home this summer!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment